August 22, 2009

Sleeping In!

I love sleeping in.

There, I've said it. I'd much rather laze the day away by sleeping in until 11:30am, getting up and making a full-fat lunch, sitting down in my chair to watch hours and hours of TV and/or read books, and then stay up late just to do the same thing over again the next day. But lately, my life has been the exact opposite. Due to work craziness I'm usually working late every night, shoving something edible in my mouth that tries to be healthy, crashing in my bed, and then waking up at an hour that only God and Famers should be up at, just to do it all over again. Frankly, my dear, I don't like it. So when an opportunity arose this weekend to be lazy and catch up on some much needed 'Me Time', I took it. Do I feel a little guilty that I didn't cram a weekend of Portland in, or that I'm probably not going to see more of my parents like I should, or even that I don't plan to really hang out with people this weekend? You, bet. I feel like I should be doing these things. But I'm not going to. Because sometimes I need to recharge my batteries and I do that by slowing down and hiding. So this weekend, I'm recharging and gearing up for all that's needed of me in the weeks ahead. See you on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!! I've been saying a lot lately that I would LOVE to have a day where I could stay in bed (and not be sick) :) Seriously... I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely feel you in fact those are the guilty pleasures I enjoy while camping. Hope you had a good weekend!! Love ya Krista

    ReplyDelete