----------------------------------------------------------
I'm 36 weeks today! 1 month to go until baby's estimated arrival. On the one hand I can't wait for baby to make his or her appearance, but on the other hand I just don't feel like I'm ready for the introduction. We still haven't gotten the car seat, the nursery is somewhat put together (crib, dresser, and rocking chair are put together) but we don't have a lot of clothes, sheets, diapers, etc that are (while not 100% critical) still required for baby. Plus I still need to wash everything which tends to be all day jobs around here. So, baby you're very much welcome at any time, but if you could hold off for a while Mommy would very much appreciate it.
The positives at this point:
* Even though the books said it would not be the case, I'm actually peeing like a champ these days! As someone who could barely tinkle just a bit ago this is an amazing feeling.
* I still try to walk every day at lunch and hit the gym twice a week. (Although this week I was a goob and stepped off the curb wrong and tweaked my ankle so my walking and gym days are on a hiatus for just a few days).
* Baby is moving more in a single session, but less sessions in a day which means I get serious baby moving time instead of blink and you missed it movement.
* The Doctor decided to check me to see how far along I was (telling me beforehand that he'd be very surprised if I was showing any progress at this point) and found out that I was between 2-3 centimeters dilated already! I know this doesn't indicate when baby will come, but it's nice to know that my body is working the way it should up until this point (at least).
* Found out from the ultrasound that baby is head down (and according to the ultrasound tech very squished down there) and has an estimated weight of 6 lbs 7 oz at this point.
The negatives at this point:
* Sleep has been pretty unattainable lately. In fact it was pretty funny the other night as I went to bed at 10pm and woke up at 11:30pm, 12:30am, 1:30am, 2:30am, 3:30am, 4:30am, 5:30am, and finally at 6:30am decided I could get up for the day. I wanted to cry at the 2:30 and 3:30 am wake-up sessions but had the giggles at the 4:30am session thinking that I just might make the goal of waking up literally every hour that night. Do I get a prize because I did?
* My hips ache. I find that I sleep on one side for only so long before that hip protests so I roll over and sleep on the other side until that hip protests. All night long I'm turning over to try and ease the ache of one hip or another. I've even had to wake Nate up in the middle of the night to have him rub a hip if it's an especially bad ache.
* My right groin/leg area is giving out. I find when I'm walking that every once in a while my right leg just doesn't cooperate like I want and I find myself almost swinging it in a half-circle to get it to step in front of me. That and walking with a hand pressed against the point that hurts (which makes for an interesting picture of a very pregnant woman walking while essentially grabbing herself in the crotch).
The neutrals at this point:
* This wasn't really a positive or a negative so I created a new category. It's my blog. I can do that. :-) I'm starting to feel contractions. They're definitely not frequent and not of any specific duration, but they're there. One the one side they hurt, on the other they mean baby's coming. So...neutral!
36 Week Belly Photo - Please excuse the extremely tired look. This picture was taken at midnight right before going to bed (we had family in town that keeps much later hours than I'm used to). I knew that I wanted to take the picture otherwise who knows when one would be taken, but it was one of those moments where I checked to make sure my eyes were open and called it good. No second shots for this gal!
Next blog post I hope to show you pictures of the completed nursery! Thanks for listening this week!




Wow - the big day is almost here! I'm going to have to assume that your hips hurt due to them stretching and preparing for delivery...that paired with the dilation news means that your body is doing awesome preparing! That's great news! I've been thinking about you...can't wait to hear the big news. Hang in there! When it's all said and done, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. :o)
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog, Teresa! It makes me think about what I was feeling when I was pregnant and I assure you, you are not alone in what you are experiencing! (Waking up every hour through the night is something that I did as well.) It sounds like you are progressing just fine and before you know it baby will be here and you'll "forget" all the aches and pains you went through. =)
ReplyDelete