We woke up to snow this morning! At around 6" or so it was a lot of snow for our area so we had the typical school delays and closures. My niece, Haylee, came over to spend the afternoon with us as her preschool closed early and her Mom and Dad were both at work and unable to pick her up. This is one of the many reasons why I love living in an area with family! Once I got the girls fed lunch/snack we bundled up and headed into the back yard. Haylee had a blast jumping off of rocks, rolling in the snow, and running around like a mad woman. Abby, well, she had fun watching Haylee but with being all bundled up and unable to move her fun was limited. :-) I did catch a smile or two but overall I think the excitement of snow is still a year or so off. Or at least until she's walking. I also enjoyed stomping through the powder and watching the girls explore.
 |
| Our first attempt at a Snow Angel. She's not so sure about this. |
 |
| Haylee dumping snow on Abby. |
 |
| Abby and Me |
 |
| "Mama, pick me up!" |
 |
| The girls enjoying the snow. |
 |
| Playing in the sandbox. Haylee thought this was so cool that there was SNOW in the SAND box. :-) |
 |
| Abby and one of the few smiles we got while outside. |
 |
| Brushing snow off the sandbox. |
I hope all the pretty snow stays, but I'm not too hopeful. They're calling for freezing rain tonight, so I'm thinking tomorrow is going to be an inside the house type of day. It looks like I'll have Haylee over again, too, which will be nice for Abby. She loves playing with Haylee! Here's to a fun snow day!
No comments:
Post a Comment