December 1, 2012

Abby's First Birthday Party Invite

Abby was recently invited to her first "friend's birthday party" (I don't count Haylee's birthdays as Haylee is family.) I'd like to say it was a low-key affair where Abby sweetly played with the other children while I lovingly sat just out of sight and had deep, meaningful conversations with the other moms. Instead I was smacked in the face with the reality of a birthday party with 15 odd children from ages 1-6 and how LOUD they can be. Holy Hannah! Abby dove right in and had a great time while I cowered in the corner with my drink grasped firmly in hand as if to hold off whatever hooligan might make their way towards me. :-)

She had a great time playing with the other kids (or, really, playing near them), eating pizza while sitting on the floor, and having yummy ice cream and cake. All too soon our no-nap-day caught up with us and we were saying our good-byes, but I consider this birthday party attendance a success. Here's to many more years of having fun celebrating the birth of her friends!

She thought she was so special to not only be sitting in the room with all the other big kids, but to also be big enough to sit and eat without mommy hovering nearby. I'd say she got half her pizza down before the call of the toys became too much for her to ignore. 

I did exert my mommy powers and decide that ice cream and cake were to be eaten away from the boys running in circles around the house. Plus, the TV was showing YouTube clips of all the Christmas movie songs so she was pretty happy where she was.

1 comment:

  1. Abby sure looked like she enjoyed everything you prepared! I hope she grows and gets to enjoy her childhood days under your tender loving care!

    ReplyDelete