This past weekend we experienced one of the best weekends we've had in a long, long time. As Sunday night rolled around Nate and I kept mentioning how awesome our weekend was and how we hoped to have more like it more often. The funny part was that there was nothing 'special' about the weekend. It wasn't a weekend with fabulous trips, expensive outings, or even a great party.
The weekend started off with Nate not traveling for work, the family not traveling out of town, and no one being sick. These three things have not come together since probably this summer I'm sad to say. So Friday night was a family night of just the three of us. We played whatever game Abby wanted to play (which, with her short time span, was a variety of different activities), had a fantastic time getting her to bed, then stayed up playing cards before heading to a wonderful night's sleep. The next morning we worked and played outside then extended a last minute invite to my parents and siblings to have them come over to dinner since it tuned out we'd put too much food in the crock pot. Abby went down for her nap beautifully and stayed down for over two hours (she's been reducing her nap time and we'd been lucky to get an hour in before she woke up). During her nap time I got some relaxing 'me' time and Nate was able to be productive on a work project.
When the family showed up for dinner the guys were able to watch a football game together as Nate had scored on an antenna (originally $50 but we got it for $10) and the girls chatted in the dining room. After dinner everyone sat around and told jokes, laughed, and just had a generally awesome time. Haylee was super sweet in playing with Abby, even taking a bath together! At the end of the night Abby again went to bed without a peep.
Sunday morning arrived and Nate graciously took Abby in the morning so I could sleep in (I'd taken Abby Saturday morning for Nate to snooze longer), then we had a yummy breakfast before playing outside again. After a while of that we came inside for hot chocolate then Abby played independently with her toys while Nate and I sat on the couch reading books. The day ended with another perfect nap, Nate getting in a nap, me having more alone time, and then after another perfect night time for Abby. Nate and I watched the movie Loopers and then headed to bed early to get ready for the week.
Like I said, nothing special, nothing momentous, but for our little family this weekend of relaxation, laughs, and downtime was a perfect weekend. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and here's to many more perfect weekends!
ReplyDeleteI was wondering if you could do me a favor - my comment on your post First Snow from 11/22/10 shows up with my name in a google search, which links back to my blog. Would you mind going in and deleting that comment to break the link? (I know it sounds weird, I'm sorry!)
Thanks so much. Keep on posting - I love catching up with your family adventures and seeing that cute Abby smile!
Done! Sorry I didn't catch that sooner!
ReplyDelete