December 20, 2013

Abby's Preschool Christmas Party

Abby's preschool had a Christmas party the last day of school before Christmas break and parents were invited. I was super excited to see what the class and teachers might have in store for us parents as well as excited to see Abby among all her school friends. Since I'd been hearing "Jingle Bells" over and over again in the week or so leading up to her party I had a sneaking suspicion that song might be on the menu, but was completely spoiler free as to what else I might get to see.  (Unfortunately Nate's work schedule didn't allow him to attend, but I was okay with this as the actual "performance" took about three minutes.)
When the door to the classroom opened I walked in to see nine little almost three year olds standing so sweetly against the wall. Of course that lasted about two seconds because as soon as everyone saw Mom or Dad they made a beeline for them and Abby was no exception. She saw me and came running over to give me a super big hug and kiss. I could tell she was so excited to show off for me! 

Abby in line with her classmates. 

Running over to give me a hug! She loves her mama.

Once the kids were back up against the wall their performance started and what a cute show it was! First up...singing Jingle Bells.


And the finale had them reciting their month's bible verse: Luke 2:11 "Today in the town of David, A Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord."


Afterward we dined on salami, cheese, bananas, and cupcakes and talked about all she'd been doing in school that day. Then it was time for Abby to give her teachers their Christmas presents (I found the cutest printable that said "Thanks a latte for all that you do" and added in a gift card for a local coffee shop. I was pretty proud of my DIY talents!) and then pick up her bag of Christmas goodies. There was actually more than I thought there'd be. Inside we found a treat from one of her classmates, a scarf from the school, a monkey from her teachers, and a gift for Nate and I which ended up being an Abby painted Christmas tree Christmas ornament. Our first official "Abby created" ornament. I love it!

Abby's first homemade ornament.

No comments:

Post a Comment