February 10, 2014

Abby's Turns 3 (and Stats)!

Here are Abby's 3 year stats:

                 Height          Weight               Head CM
Birth           19.5 in.         7 lbs. 0 oz.
1 Week       19.0 in.         6 lbs. 9 oz.          33 cm
2 Months     22.0 in.        11 lbs. 6 oz.         38 cm
4 Months     24.75 in.      15 lbs. 6 oz.         39.5 cm
6 Months     26.75 in.      18 lbs. 6 oz.         41.5 cm
9 Months     28.25 in.      21 lbs. 3 oz.         44 cm
12 Months   30.0 in.        23 lbs. 0 oz.         46.7 cm
15 Months   31.20 in.      26 lbs. 1 oz.          47.5 cm
18 Months   32.80 in.      28 lbs. 14 oz.        48 cm
2 Years       34.50 in.      31 lbs. 2 oz.         49.3 cm
2.5 Years    37.60 in.      31 lbs. 14 oz.        50.0 cm
3 Years       38.90 in.      35 lbs. 14 oz.        --

My Abby is three today! 87th percentile for height and 85th percentile for weight. Still growing like a wonderful weed. :-)

My gosh, I can't believe you're three years old today. I mean, I can because.....
  • Your language has exploded to the point that I can tell what you want 90% of the time (sometimes those funny pronunciations still confuse me)
  • You've developed an "I do it" personality which is super cute to watch, except when we're running late and I just want to shove your shoes on and pick you up to run out the door, but don't because the screaming. Oh the screaming.
  • You're outgrowing your 4T clothes. I know you didn't pick your birth date, but having you grow sizes right BEFORE the weather changes means wearing high-water pants and 3/4 length sleeves for a good while before you get the next size up in shorts and t-shirts. Sorry, child, but Mommy and Daddy are mean. :-)
  • You're making your own friends! I love seeing you grab Kylie's hand and run around together while playing balls at the gym after swim lessons. Or seeing you play house with Eleanor or Brooklyn at Bible study. Oh, and the way you run into your preschool room like you can't wait to catch up with your friends is too precious!
  • You started school! Your first year of preschool had me so worried. Were we putting you in too soon, would being an only child make you a bully or socially awkward, would you miss me? From the moment that door opened you let me know that you were so ready for all the fun and learning that preschool brought, that you'd be friendly, and that you wouldn't miss me for a minute. :-) These were all good things! (Okay, you could have at least turned around for a second good-bye wave or hug on that first day, but I can't fault you as I know you were having a great time.)
  • You're pretending and playing make-believe and showing me a world that I forget exists when "life" bogs me down. It's my greatest joy watching you play puppy or kitty or dressing up in your pretty dress-up clothes. Even when you are half-naked and make your father and I (jokingly) worry about your future profession choices, we LOVE your imagination.
  • You are sweet and loving and get worried when one of your friends (or even a random baby nearby) are crying. You come over and give them a pat on the head and say "okay?". 
  • You shriek. At the top of your lungs. Especially when you're super happy. No amount of "that hurts Mommy's ears" makes you stop. You stop screeching when you're darn well ready to.
  • You're working so hard on being potty-trained.
  • But mostly we know you're three years old today because you keep holding up three sweet fingers and saying "Mommy, I'm free!"
I'm so excited for what this new year will bring for you. I'm also so excited to watch you experience all the new things you'll experience this year. I love you so much honey bunny and feel so blessed EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. that God gave you to me. You make my heart smile so much it bursts with joy whenever I look at you. I love you so much.

Here are some of my favorite pictures that happened this year:

Last time in your crib.


Falling asleep in your Toddler Bed and needing Mom's hand for comfort. How I miss this as you refuse to fall asleep now if we're in the room.

Those first few weeks of Toddler Bed freedom meant we found you on the floor asleep a lot.


I'm such a mean Mom, but these pictures of you are just too adorable.

Shoving macaroni and cheese into your face. 


One of the first "oh my goodness you look like a toddler" pictures.

How you now watch scary parts of a movie. 

You're finally able to go down the big kid slide at the splash park!

Feeling like such a big girl while we make cut-out cookies.

You love doing your hair and make-up now.

Your beautiful smile right before your first haircut.

Your first haircut!

I turned my back for two seconds while cleaning and found you in the sink. You were having so much fun I left you there for a long time.

You are so eager to help me around the house!

Your first swim lesson! I didn't make sure that you sat on the steps when it wasn't your turn so the teacher had to quickly come and rescue you. You still have trouble sitting on the steps, but now you can bob and dog paddle for a bit.

While at your Preschool's Open House you clung tightly to me. I worried so much about how you'd do the following week.

Your first school photo!

You looked so tiny walking in to school. I shouldn't have worried, though. You ran right in to the room without a single worry.

You loved carving the pumpkin but thought that touching the pumpkin innards was "yucky".

Could you BE any cuter? You were so excited to dress up as a cowgirl for Halloween.

You absolutely adore your cousin, Haylee.


You were so tired you fell asleep in the noisiest of rooms. You even stayed asleep when we transferred you from Mommy to Daddy as Daddy demanded to hold you saying he never got to hold you while you were sleeping anymore.


It's a Christmas miracle! You smiled for Santa instead of screaming your head off. 

You and your preschool classmates during your Christmas presentation.

Oh, how I find you so adorable in your owl hat.

My beautiful daughter in her beautiful Christmas dress in front of the manger after Mass.


You were so proud of yourself for sticking pretzels up your nose. Thank goodness you didn't eat them!

We have no idea why you enjoy sitting in your baby's crib, but you do. 
Happy birthday, my angel. This has been a most wonderful year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, sweet Abby! It's been a joy watching you grow (through pictures and stories). :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too precious!!! She is so blessed to have you as a mom. Happy birthday Abby! :)

    ReplyDelete