On Wednesday, Abby excitedly began her second year of preschool at her new school, Faith Assembly's Imagination Studios.
We decided to switch schools because, while I thought highly of Kids Express, her previous school was a 15 minute drive (each way) and was only for two hours fifteen minutes each day. This meant that by the time I dropped Abby off I had enough time to run an errand and then just enough leftover time for not much but to go and sit in the parking lot waiting for school to get out. Since Abby would be going to preschool M, W, F this year I finally decided that I'd rather not have my days spent driving around with little opportunity to get things done during her at school hours. Imagination Studios, which was highly recommended by a LOT of friends, is three hours each day and only a five minute drive away. Allowing for a little bit more time each day for Abby to have fun and learn something and for me to be able to get more than one errand finished before picking her up again. A win for both of us!
 |
| First Day of School picture! |
 |
| When we got to school I wanted a picture of her in front of her school, but Abby decided she'd rather have a picture of her new butterfly backpack. |
 |
| With Nate off work this week he was able to come with us to celebrate her first day. I think he was a little surprised at the number of kids, how chaotic it was, and how easily Abby went into her classroom considering all the kids who were clinging tightly to their parents. |
Abby did fabulous with her new teacher, Miss Amy, and fellow students, as expected. We walked her to the classroom door then had to remind her to give us hugs and kisses as she tried to race into the room. Here's to a great second year of preschool!
Way to go, Abby! It's going to be a great year of learning and growing for you. Tell your mommy that I love reading all about you - I just check your blog on my phone (just like her!) and never log-in to comment. But I love seeing your sweet face and what you are up to!
ReplyDelete