February 20, 2016

Elizabeth and Jacob - One Month Old!

When I get five minutes to sit down and breathe I'm amazed that already a month has passed since having Beth and Jake. After years of infertility I still find it surreal at times that our family of three is a family of five. I'd pretty much given up that Nate and I would have more children/Abby would have a sibling, so looking at the chaotic mess of my living room where there is abundant evidence of small children in the household again just makes my heart sing.

I went to their one month appointment thinking that it'd be really nice if the babies were at least seven pounds and was blown away when I was told they're already at eight pounds and continuing to grow. Our pediatrician actually talked a lot about their eating habits as average daily weight gain is 35 grams but our chunky monkeys are averaging 55 grams a day. Heh. I make whole milk and my babies love it! It was nice knowing that I don't need to worry so much about milk production and that our "supplement when we feel like it and not on a schedule" is working just fine. The only other "of note" item from the doctor is that, due to being born a month early and twins, we will follow a one-month adjusted age when looking at milestones. For example, when we go in for their sixth month appointment they will be considered only five months adjusted and not expected to meet any of the six month milestones yet.

Here are Elizabeth's stats:

                 Height          Weight               Head CM
Birth           17.5 in.         5 lbs. 8 oz.
2 Weeks      18.0 in.         5 lbs. 7 oz.          33 cm
1 Month      19.2 in.         7 lbs. 9 oz.          36.8 cm


Beth started out itty-bitty in the 5th percentile for both weight and height then stayed 5th percentile in height but jumped to 20th percentile for weight. 

Here are Jacob's stats:

                 Height          Weight               Head CM
Birth           17.5 in.        5 lbs. 10 oz.
2 Weeks      180 in.         5 lbs. 7 oz.          33.5 cm
1 Month      19.0 in.        8 lbs. 2 oz.          36.8 cm


Jake matched Beth almost to the tee and also began life in the 5th percentile for height and weight. He also maintained the 5th percentile for height and 20th percentile for weight. 

As of now he's heavier and she's taller. I wonder what next month will bring!


Loving the double twin on Jake as he's falling over on Beth.

And they're both falling down. These pictures are harder to take than they look. 

Well, hello, sibling of mine.

My sleeping babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment