June 2, 2016

She's Moving Up...To Kindergarten!

Abby's preschool graduation was a bittersweet moment. I was so proud of my little preschooler and so excited for the new world she's going to experience in Kindergarten, but at the same time sad that my little girl has grown up so much. Next year she's starts all-day Kindergarten and my precious daughter, who has spend the majority of her days with me by her side, will be away from me. I'm looking forward to all the fun she'll experience, the education she'll receive, and the friends she'll make but I'll miss seeing your smile throughout the day. In a weird way I feel like we're both experiencing something major as she goes into Kindergarten. :-) But, for now, her preschool graduation was a celebration of all that her little mind has accomplished.

The ceremony itself was adorable. I'd been hearing snippets of the songs they would be singing for a few months so it was great hearing them in full along with the coordinating hand (and feet!) motions. I was surprised to see them in little caps and gowns, but they were too cute in them! As Abby sang her way through the ceremony I was one very proud Mama!

Snapping her photo before the beginning of the ceremony. I think it's great how she's into giving a thumbs up when she's happy,

Saying the Pledge of Allegiance to start the night. 
First song of the night.


Class demonstration - counting to 100 by 10s


Receiving her "diploma" from Ms. Shawna. 



Ms. Shawna was a WONDERFUL teacher to have. You could tell that she truly had a spot in her heart for Abby and enjoyed teaching her and being around her. Abby would frequently tell me I was wrong because Ms. Shawna said.... :-) I will miss seeing her daily next year.

Finishing up her hug with Ms. Addie. (The actual hug picture didn't get taken very well - you couldn't see Addie at all.) I've previously written on how much Addie showed her love of teaching and her students towards Abby (particularly on the Firehouse Field Trip) so I will just say that I will miss her as well.
I missed getting her name as I thought there was still one more child in front of her, but I got the official walk across the stage.


She's moving up to Kindergarten!



They put up photos of what the kids wanted to be when they grew up. I'm a little surprised at what she choose as I didn't know she knew the word!

It's official!

So proud of my big girl!

Our family at the first of many graduation ceremonies!

No comments:

Post a Comment