Can they really be seven months? How is that even possible? The saying "the days are long but the years are short" is mostly true for me. Honestly, though, sometimes the days themselves just fly by. I don't know how many times I've looked up and been surprised by how late it was in the day. When the daily routine resets itself every 2.5 hours there's a lot to be done and hardly any free time to do it. As always these two cutie-patooties keep me on my toes.
This past month has actually seen a fair amount of sickness for both kiddos. In early August they both came down with a cold that did a little settling into their lungs, Jake especially. So they were both on four times a day nebulizer treatments for a week. I'll be an honest Mom and state that Beth got a few treatments but when her cough didn't progress to a nasty sounding one we stopped her treatments with no ill effects. And I could never seem to get more than three treatments in for Jake but since his cough eventually went away those seemed to be enough. Then at the end of August they developed Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. That. Not fun. Although it did give me a set of 7 month pictures that are to die for. As for good things this month, Jake learned to roll over back to front (and Mom is super happy as he doesn't cry to be repositioned nearly as much), blows raspberries, and fell asleep by himself without being rocked or driven. Granted, he was super sick and tired and passed out on the floor, but I'll take it! Both Beth and Jake are mastering the previously learned skills. So much so that they no longer stay in one spot on the floor. They've mastered rolling in both directions so I never know where they'll be when I come back from leaving the room, which is super awesome right now. I refuse to think about crawling yet. :-) All in all my babies are developing wonderfully,
 |
| "Birth" - First night at home around 5 days old. |
 |
| One Month Old - Wondering who this other person is. |
 |
| Two Months Old - Looking like their own person now. |
 |
| Three Months Old - Getting their own personalities. |
 |
| Four Months Old - Beth poses for her picture while Jake is totally over the camera. |
 |
| Five Months Old - I got them on the same side as before! Starting to really enjoy baby life. |
 |
| And the official 6 month photo where they both refuse to smile at the same time no matter what I do. This was the best of the bunch! I do like how it shows the difference in body types between the two. You can see that Beth is just tiny compared to Jake, especially their chest and waist size differences. |
 |
| They're so excited to be 7 months old. LOL. |
 |
| A close up of their faces where you can see the painful HFM spots. They also developed a number of blisters inside their mouths. Ouch. :-( Jake's fingers and toes got blisters that looked like water blisters whereas Beth's stayed more flat and red but hers peeled a lot worse than his. I'm just thankful we're on the other side of this nastiness and that none of the rest of us caught it again. |
 |
| This picture is one I will laugh at for years to come. The anger and unahppiness they are both expressing towards me is just precious. The days leading up to this picture were a special type of hell, though. But Mommy still loves you! |
No comments:
Post a Comment