March 20, 2010

Getting Ready to be Married

From everything I'd heard from friends and family about their own experiences I figured that the day of the wedding I'd be a nervous wreck always on the verge of tears. I was happily suprised to find out that my feelings were pretty much the exact opposite. The morning of the wedding I woke up in a great mood. About 15 minutes before the alarm went off I found myself playing on my iPhone just waiting for time to pass. After getting up, showering, and getting dressed I met my mom at the door to help carry my wedding dress down my stairs. Every time I look at that dress I just remember how gosh-darn pretty I felt. :-) Anyway, after mom helped me get the dress in the car (it was huge!) we were off to get our hair down at Rumor's Salon.

Once at the Salon we met up with Karen (best friend and bridesmaid) and walked in to see Lupe (my hair dresser). Funny story...Karen bought me and her coffee for the day. As my mom has also bought me a pop my hands were full with the veil, tiara, and pop so Karen brought in my coffee which she set down alongside her coffee on the hair salons table. Lupe started talking to us and then started to drink from Karen's cup. Turns out that Lupe also went for Starbucks that day and since she saw Karen holding one cup (mine) and the other cup empty she assumed the other cup was hers. It was a really funny moment when Lupe realized her mistake. Perhaps a moment that you had to be there for, but a funny one just the same.

Soon after Katie (sister and maid of honor), Haylee (niece and flower girl), Grandma, and Auntie Sue showed up and the hair procession began. It took a little over an hour (we had to start over half-way through) but Lupe did a great job on my hair. I thought it looked fantastic! Tammy also did a fabulous job on Karen and Katie's hair as they both looked to sophisticated in their up-dos. Once hair was finished we (Karen, Katie, Mom, and myself) went over to Serendipity Salon to have our make-up done. Again, the girls at the salon did a fanstastic job. I had wanted to look like a glamorous me, but still me, and I think the job Megan did fit me to a tee. It was awesome! The photographer also showed up for some candit shots and I can't wait to see those!

After make-up was done we found ourselves running behind schedule on getting to the church. Isn't it funny how some things just work out. At the rehearsal Father Champeoux mentioned that a funeral had been schedule before our wedding (two very opposite emotions don'tcha think?) and where we had originally been able to get to the church around 11am we now wouldn't be able to get in until noon. Oddly enough, the guys ended up not getting to the church until 12:15 and we girls didn't make it there until 12:30pm. So my plans of an 11am hang-out would have fallen through funeral or no funeral!

Once we got to the church it was smooth sailing from there. We girls got dressed in one room while the guys got dressed in another. Then it was picture madness as we tried to get as many pictures done as possible before the ceremony without Nate or I seeing each other. When I originally started looking at photographers I just assumed that Nate and I would see each other beforehand as it seemed to make picture taking easier and that's what 'everybody' did. I'm so glad we didn't follow the trend! Seeing Nate for the first time when I walked down the aisle made the moment so much more special! Anyways - wedding post will come later. This is the pre-wedding post!

Finally I'm all dressed up with make-up and hair done and people are starting to show up, so I end up just chilling in the Brides Room/Daycare Room. It was actually really enjoyable. Haylee was in there playing make believe, and the rest of us (me, Karen, Katie, and Bo Katie's boyfriend) were just chillin'. At this point I wasn't nervous, anxious, or anything. Well, I guess you could say it was the calm before the excitement. I really thought I'd be on the verge of tears (only time that happened was on the drive from hair to make-up and it was just a quick tear-up, nothing big) and hyperventilating or something. Nope. Calm as a cucumber. I was just passing the time until I could hold Nate's hand and say "I do". In a way, I'm glad I was this way. By this time I was 100% ready to be Nate's wife without any hesitation, regret, or nervousness. I can't remember now if I posted this or not but I believe a big part of the reason I didn't have 'issues' is because I had a MAJOR break-down on Wednesday. Or at least major for me. I was nervous, grumpy, emotional, teary, and just plain cold-feeted the Wednesday before. After a long day I finally met up with Nate and we went on a walk along the river. That quiet time did the trick and I got my head on right. I really feel that this moment let me be happy, excited Teresa as I walked down the aisle. I'm completely thankful for that. Now, as I see that this post is starting to ramble a bit I'll stop writing and just add a few pictures. Check back in the next few days for wedding, reception, and honeymoon pictures!


Mom making sure I look pretty while Haylee takes pictures. She LOVES the camera and manages to end up taking some pretty good ones. You just have to weed through lots of feet and sky.



My dress tended to want to bump oddly at the waistline. It took some dress fluffing to make the poof go away. Here mom is checking the poof out to make sure all looks well.

Katie hanging out before the wedding.

Me sitting and relaxing before the big moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment