Nate and I started seriously looking at buying a house back in November, 2009. We quickly found that we had slightly different ideas of what we were looking for and that a compromise would be needed. Nate wanted a house that required some fixing-up to give him some home projects as well as a good bargain. I wanted a house that was pretty much move-in ready with only cosmetic changes. We got pretty discouraged during the house hunting as homes were either so much of a disaster I wanted to disinfect myself after walking through them, or so perfect that there wasn't hardly anything to fix. We came close to buying a house once but after putting in a bid the owners wouldn't counter-offer as low as we wanted. I look at that as a blessing in disguise because had we decided to accept their offer we wouldn't have the awesome house we have today. We got this house on a lark, too. One weekend in January we decided to scrap all the houses and criteria we'd had so far and to just start fresh. Well, that Sunday I happened to see this house online and thought that taking a quick look prior to scrapping our plans and starting over wouldn't be a problem. We looked and loved it. Made a bid that night! The month-long process to actually own the home was nerve-racking but I'm so glad we came though it. Our house is just awesome and I can't wait to move into it.
We're a wee bit crazy with this, though. Two weeks before the wedding we moved Nate out of his duplex and into the house. A week before the wedding we moved 90% of my stuff. So the two weekends before the wedding were 10 hour days each of moving, taking furniture to Goodwill, putting everything in its spot, and just trying to remain sane. We made it, though! So without further ado, here's our house!

The front view of the house. There's a flagpole without a flag that will soon come down.

A view of the living room with the dining room in the background.

A veiw of the living room with the guest bathroom door open. Note the fireplace on the right side behind the brown chair.

Our dining room. The window is actually a part of a Bay Window.

A view of the kitchen. The TV from the living room is seen above the counter and the dining toom chair is seen on the right-hand side.

The Master Bedroom. Still a work in progress. :-)
The Master Bathroom with a really nice sized walk-in closet, which is filled to the brim with random stuff so the door remains closed.
Our garage. Nate did an AWESOME job on getting everything into a semblance of order for easy dealings later on.




I read your blog in your living room! It's a nice house enjoy, see ya in a day or so! :)
ReplyDelete