September 17, 2010

Due Date and Ultrasound

I realized that I never did mention in my last post when this baby would make its arrival. Whoops! Our due date is February 24, 2011. But who knows if the baby will arrive then. My mom was late with each of us kids so I'm wondering if the baby will arrive before, on, or after Nate's and my first wedding anniversary. I'm actually hoping for a March birthday. Mostly because that would mean that my family would be celebrating birthdays in February, March, April, May, June, September, October, and November. We'd just be missing July, August, December, and January. Not too shabby having a birthday almost every month! So, here's to a March baby. :-)

Also thought you might enjoy our first ultrasound picture. When I was 11 weeks I went to the doctor's to hear the heartbeat. Well, it ended up turning out the way I wanted it to but I should have known better. See I really wanted to get an ultrasound picture of the baby to have real, physical proof that I was pregnant (nope, the nausea and weight gain were not enough). I'd been told that if the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat I'd get an ultrasound to confirm so I thought this plan was a decent one. Until it actually happened! The doctor tried searching for the heartbeat with the doppler and just couldn't find anything so he left to go get the ultrasound machine. Those 20 minutes that he was gone were some of the longest in my life. In my heart I knew the baby was still there, but mentally I was a basketcase. All I could think about was that this baby which I so wanted was gone. Nate did a great job talking to me about this and that to distract me but all I wanted was for the doctor to come back and tell me that my baby was okay. Finally the doctor came back and within seconds of turning the machine on we saw our baby. Yep, all was okay and worrying was for naught. I definitely learned my lesson though, no more wishing for a short-term bad outcome to get a long-term positive.


11 Week Ultrasound.

Baby's head is on the left with his legs on the right. He's on his back (we're seeing a side view) and kicking his legs towards his head. It was amazing seeing how fast he was flipping, twisting, turning, and just moving around. From one shot to the next he'd be upside down, rightside up, left, then right. No wonder I had nausea! I had a jumping bean in my tummy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!!!! You're taking part of such a miracle every day! I love the belly pictures and the ultrasound picture. In theory, it would be great to have the baby come in March, but by the time the end of February rolls around, you won't be able to wait. You'll be too excited to meet your little one, the date won't make any difference. That's been my experience, anyway. I am seriously SO excited for you guys. Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete