To give out some fun stats I started weighing myself and measuring my stomach at the ten week mark (thanks for the tip, Celeste!) so from that point until now I've gained 10 pounds and my waist is currently 43.5 inches. Yes, I'm that big around. Yes, I fully anticipate getting even bigger. It's funny how the weight to waist ratio is going, though. While I'm steadily gaining weight my waist seems to grow in spurts. For almost a month I was at 42 inches and then one week I just felt stretched to the max and, sure enough, next time I measure I'd thrown an inch and a half up to my current measurement. I expected that the weight and waist would have grown more together, so that's one surprise I've experienced. Other surprises since finding out I was pregnant include:
* How much food I can eat in a day when I'm really hungry
* How little food I can eat in a sitting since I get full so quickly
* How getting up for a bathroom break every night is now a normal night and not getting up is a surprise
* How weak I can be (can't life the heavy weights I used to, walking quickly tires me out, getting up quickly can make me lose my breath, etc)
* How much my body has changed in these few months (my breasts and belly are definitely bigger, my back arches a LOT more, my rings are harder to take off due to swollen fingers, I WADDLE when I walk)
* How indecisive I am when figuring baby things out - I really thought I'd be more firm or confident in my opinions and decisions
* How quiet I can be when I don't like something but don't want to make waves (no, my belly is not your playtoy because I won't say a thing if you touch me)
* How awesome Nate is as a husband!!!!
So these past 20 weeks have been pretty darn awesome (especially once I hit that fabulous second trimester) and I'm looking forward to the next 20 weeks and all it has to bring me. Onward to goal of baby in my arms!




You are such a cute pregnant lady! Just a skinny lady with a basketball in her belly. I love it!! I love how much you are enjoying your pregnancy... you aren't one of those whiny ladies. Way to go! I can't wait to hear more.
ReplyDelete