October 19, 2010

Maybe Baby?

Last night I think I felt the baby move for the first time. Nate and I were laying in bed just chit-chatting before calling it a night when I suddenly felt this weird movement like my stomach had flip-flopped, but instead of being felt where my stomach is the feeling was really low on the left side of my belly. Previously when I wondered if a movement was the baby or not I kept it to myself and just pondered and felt my belly a little bit more. This time I didn't even think before blurting out to Nate that I thought I'd felt the baby move. Faster than the blink of an eye, Nate had his hand on my belly trying to see if he could feel anything. (Too cute!) I moved his hand to where I'd felt the movement before and then we both just stayed in that position talking for another ten minutes. Unfortunately I didn't feel anything after that one weird movement. But after talking to my nurse today (at my regular monthly appointment) she's pretty much guaranteed me that what I felt was indeed the baby and in the coming weeks I should start feeling more consistent movements that won't be guesses at all. Too bad for Nate because it'll be about another six weeks before he feels anything major. Can't wait to feel this baby again!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is hands-down my favorite thing about pregnancy. I LOVE feeling the baby move. Just as a side note... my husband's great aunt has a system to tell if your baby is a boy or a girl, and she's never wrong. According to you feeling the baby on the left side, it's a girl! By the way, it worked with four out of five of mine.

    ReplyDelete