It was extra special because, while we were in the audience with Nate's Grandparents and cousins (Heather, Melany, and Melany's husband Ryan) Nate's Aunt and Uncle were singing. Everyone did a really great job with both the acapella songs and the songs sung to music. It was a little different than I expected in that, while a few traditional songs were song, most of the songs were what I'd call a rephrasing of their original version. So instead of singing "Joy to the World" like we all know the song focused more on the "Repeast the Sounding Joy" chorus with different verses.
Finally, I found out that this production changes each year with the Living Christmas Tree version only happening every three years. So next year, which I fully plan to go to, there will be some other type of Christmas performance. It's nice finding out all the options that our town has for entertainment when you really start looking for it. :-)

This is what I meant by people in the Christmas tree. You can see their faces here, but not their bodies. The other interesting thing is that while everyone looks like same height on each row, they are actually standing on steps to get them that way.




No comments:
Post a Comment