March 9, 2011

Lent - Not Giving Up This Year

Today is Ash Wednesday which means that this is the beginning Lent and usually the time that I normally give up Pop/Soda for 40-odd days. (I'm of the thought that Sundays of Lent count as Lenten days and not days off.) However, this year I'm doing something different. I'm NOT giving anything up for Lent this year. Instead I'm adding something to my routine. This Lenten season I'm vowing to read the Bible every day. See, I'm not a big Bible reader. While I can say that I've read the entire Bible from beginning to end it was quite a few years ago and, other than randomly reading passages with Nate every once in a blue moon, I rarely pick up and open this book. This Lenten season I'm going to change this. Every day during Lent I'm going to read the Bible, and not just a sentence or paragraph but actual chapters. I'm hopeful that after weeks of daily Bible reading I'll get back into a habit of reading the Bible more often. I'm posting this to make myself accountable to more than just myself, but to those of you who happen to read this blog. I'm very hopeful that on Easter Sunday I can come back here and post that my daily Bible journey was successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment