July 13, 2011

I Miss My Brain

I miss my brain. Before pregnancy (or as Nate like to call it BP) I had a mind like a steel trap. If I was told it, read it, or heard it I remembered it. Numbers, lists, birthdays, appointments, get-togethers...you name it, I got it. Then I got pregnant and my quick little mind slowly started fading away. Everyone told me that this was just a part of being pregnant and I'd return to normal after a bit. Then I had Abby and my brain was still like a leaky sieve. People then told me that this was due to sleep deprivation from having a new baby and I'd be like my old self in just a bit.

I think these people lie (not lay, as chickens lay eggs) because they know that my brain will never again be normal and don't want to be the ones to dash my hopes. Tonight my adorable four-year old niece had to remind me that I was supposed to take her home from my parent's house party. My 4 year old niece! It was too adorable. I told Haylee that she needed to say good-bye to Abby as she and Auntie Teresa (or Annie as she likes to call me - she learned to call me Auntie Teresa when she couldn't pronounce her t's so the mouthful of Auntie Teresa became Annie) anyhoo, where was I? Oh, yeah. So I told Haylee that she needed to say good-bye to Abs as she and Annie were going to head home. Haylee turned the saddest, most confused face to me and said "But, Annie, you're supposed to take me home?!". I could only laugh. Yep, she was right. I was supposed to take her home. Sigh. Maybe when Abby sleeps through the night I'll get my brain back. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment