July 21, 2011

Reunion with Shelby

Tonight was a fun night! I got to catch up with a high school friend whom I haven't seen in three or four years. (I honestly can't remember what year it was that Karen and I flew down for a visit.) I've known Shelby since I was about five years old when we were both in the same Daisy (Girl Scouts) troop. We then separated for a bit as she went to one elementary school and I another, but we met back up in Junior High and have been friends since. There's a lot of miles between us now (she's the co-owner of fitness gyms in Nevada and I a stay at home mom in Washington) but we'll always be friends.

A whole group of us met up at Hubby's Pizza to gab, drink, and enjoy each other after not having seen Shelby for so long. In this group were almost all of the Fab Five, as we liked to call ourselves in high school. Caren, Karen, Shelby, and I were all able to attend. Celeste has recently given birth to her second adorable son, so I suppose I'll give her a pass for not flying out from North Carolina to attend the three hour event. :-) It was fun to see the changes in Shelby (so stylish!) and to hear directly from her how her life has been. All too soon the evening was over (having a tired 5 month old made the night even shorter) but it was great while it lasted. Hopefully it won't be another four years between visits! (In either direction!)

Karen, Shelby, Me, Abby, and Caren

1 comment:

  1. So much fun getting to see everyone - and yes we have to make that way soon then later with the next gathering!!! Great seeing you Shelby!!!

    ReplyDelete