August 5, 2011

Trivial but Annoying

I know this is trivial, but it annoys me (and I fully recognize that it's probably annoying me a lot more than it should lately due to me not feeling well from catching Abby's cold).

It's when you're checking out at, say, the grocery store. You use your debit card and run it through the debit card reader/payment box thing. At the end of your transaction it says your total is $104.12. It next asks if you'd like cash back to which you answer 'no'. It then asks if the $104.12 total is okay. UGH! Why?! Why does it ask if that total is okay? It's already displayed the total once so if it was a problem you could simply ask the cashier to remove an item or delete the entire transaction. I could understand if you've asked for cash back and your total is now different asking you to reconfirm this new total (although I still think that's silly, albeit less so). But to ask me to reconfirm a total that's already been displayed and accepted once just bugs the heck out of me. I just don't recall debit card machines doing this in the past, but they seem to be in every store I visit. I liked it before when they didn't ask this double total check. Rant done.

See I told you this was a trivial issue.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Teresa...I find it mindless as well....you are NOT the only one, but we may be the only two! Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete