Height Weight Head CM
Birth 19.5 in. 7 lbs. 0 oz.
1 Week 19.0 in. 6 lbs. 9 oz. 33 cm
2 Months 22.0 in. 11 lbs. 6 oz. 38 cm
4 Months 24.75 in. 15 lbs. 6 oz. 39.5 cm
6 Months 26.75 in. 18 lbs. 6 oz. 41.5 cm
9 Months 28.25 in. 21 lbs. 3 oz. 44 cm
12 Months 30.0 in. 23 lbs. 0 oz. 46.7 cm
15 Months 31.20 in. 26 lbs. 1 oz. 47.5 cm
Milestone wise she's doing pretty well. Her height continues to be in the 75th percentile, her weight has shot up a bit from the 75th to 85th percentile, and her head circumference has increased from the 75th to 85th percentile as well. So still a little taller and chunkier than average. :-) It's amazing to even think of all of the things I could write down in regards to what she's doing lately. Her biggest thing is that within the last two weeks she learned to walk and now just toddles back and forth as fast as she can. It's so cute to see her little tushie just moving along. :-) She also is understanding verbal requests quite nicely. When we ask her to put her toothbrush away in her drawer she happily grins and complies. It still boggles my mind how much she understands of her surroundings. With this comes heightened responsibility to make sure that what Nate and I say, watch, and hear is Abby appropriate. Not that we really have to worry about this as we're pretty 'clean living' people as it is but we do enjoy the occasional action or sci-fi movie that is just too grown up for her little eyes and ears right now.
Let's see...what else has Abby been up to? I think she's starting to dream as every once in a while she whimpers in her sleep, she's big into "helping" with chores (just the morning we got some good giggles in when she helped me unload the dishwasher - it was actually really cool having Abby hand me dishes and silverware to put away - now if we can just teach her the difference between helping out with the clean dishes and staying away from the dirty ones!), loves to go down the slides at the park by herself, and is really into watching birds (her little hand can't point fast enough when she spots them). The only thing that the doctor mentioned for us to keep an eye on is that she's not speaking as much as he'd like. She's got Mama and Dada down (not just babbling but actually knowing which one to say and when) but that's pretty much it for actual words. I don't count the 'yeah' she says when we ask her something because I don't hear context behind it but rather just repeating a word I say. So for homework Nate and I have been directed to not just go get her what she's pointing at but to repeatedly ask what she's wanting until she gets to the point of frustration and only then give it to her in the hopes that eventually she'll start verbalizing what she wants rather than just being silent and pointing. We've also been directed to have more repetition when we talk to her, for example "Abby, do you see the bird? Is that a bird, Abby? Can you say bird?". While I will definitely will be following what the doctor has asked I'm not too worried about her not speaking right now. Mainly for three reasons: 1) Abby just learned to walk and everything I've heard says that kids only obtain one new milestone at a time so learning to talk wouldn't have happened while she was trying to master walking, 2) Abby has consistently been behind on meeting her milestones by a few weeks. By this I mean whenever we've gone into the doctor's office and they've asked about "X" she's not doing it, but within a few weeks she's mastered "X" like she never had any problems. I honestly believe this comes from having been born two weeks early. She didn't get that extra 'cooking' time so she's just a little late in catching up to the 'average' for when milestones occur, and 3) she's just a naturally quieter child so it would make sense that in one who doesn't really babble incessantly words wouldn't be as forthcoming. Either way I expect I'll be hearing more words within a few months. Until then I'll enjoy the little stubby fingers that point at everything!
| 15 Months! |




No comments:
Post a Comment