May 31, 2012

Random Life/Abby Moments

I'd like to report that awesomely fantastic things are happening in our household, but the reality is that we're just experiencing normal life. After the last two months of Nate being out of town a lot we enjoyed the past weekend at home and are looking forward to many more in the month of June (I asked Nate to take June off from traveling to get some "at home" time in). So far we've accomplished digging out the tree roots from an old tree in the back yard, putting up new lattice on the side of our pergola, trimming all fourteen or so bushes in our yard, installing netting over our sandbox (so the cats don't get in), moving one of the support beams of our pergola, and removing a roof slat from our pergola (we are planning to install gutters soon). It's crazy how much work we were able to accomplish during the weekend. We counted and it had been six weekends since Nate had been at home for a full weekend! Who knows what we'll accomplish this upcoming weekend!

Since life is so normal right now I'll just end with posting some fun pictures and videos of Abby, one of my favorite camera subjects. :-)

I love the face she's making. She's doing a silly giggle cough but it just looks like such a funny pose.

Abby recently picked up coloring. We'd been trying for a while but she tended to end up eating the crayons rather than coloring with them. It's fun watching her learn all these "big girl" things.


We're also working on getting her to sit down on her bottom while she's in a big person chair. She's so proud of herself when she complies with our request. :-)


We got in some family time last weekend and went over to my sister Katie's house. While there my niece Haylee brought out her four wheeler and Abby wanted so badly to ride it. We put Abby on it with Haylee and got a kick out of watching the two of them ride around and around the yard.

Abby had such a look of concentration while on the 4-wheeler. She was so intense with what was going on.
Eventually Haylee got tired of riding the 4-wheeler but Abby still wanted to sit on it. Figuring that she couldn't hurt anything I got her on it, then walked a few feet away to sit back with everyone on the back patio. Imagine my surprise when a few minutes later I see Abby start moving forwards! Turns out she was tall enough to reach the pedals. :-) She also figured out the forwards and backwards buttons pretty quickly, too.


And finally a new milestone for me...I can now create pigtails!

How I love my honey bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment