June 3, 2012

First Time Water Skiing

Today I got to try water skiing for the first time! The water was super cold, the skis were too tall, the foot holders were too big, and my sinus cavities have been given a thorough cleaning but I had lots of fun. :-) Never did manage to make it all the way up in my four attempts but each time I got a little bit closer to standing all the way up. I did end up cutting my turn short as I was shivering from being in the water for so long (temperature was around 45*F) and my arms and legs were already feeling sore from trying to pull myself out of the water and keep the skis together. Plus, Nate wanted to have another turn before we called it a day (I was a good wife and shooed him out of the house during Abby's nap so he got a few good runs in on the boat before Abby and I joined in on the fun after she got up from her nap).

I'm looking forward to our next outing. I'm confident that I will be able to get up next time!

Holy Hannah the waters cold!!!

First try! Notice how far apart my skis are? It's hard to keep them together. I suppose not that different from snow skiing, but I've been doing that for so long that it's second nature. Plus, my snow skis fit. :-)

Try number Two! My teeth are clenched.

Try number Three! I think I'm growling.

Try number Four! I'm growling and yelling at myself to "Get Up!  Get Up!"

Yet...another wipe out. :-)

Abby has a blast on the boat. She felt especially special as our official flag holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment