Abby has (finally!) decided to start working on her verbal skills again. Yeah! She's had Mama and Dada down pat for quite a few months but just this week she said her first official word word. I call it that because Mama and Dada, while words, started out as babbles. This official word word is a non-babbling word. Got it? :-) Without further adieu it's "hot". Yep, hot.
For a while now, when I'm holding her and we're cooking together, I've told her "hot, hot, ouch, ouch, no touch" so that she doesn't try to touch the oven door as I'm putting something in to bake or the pan as I've frying something. She's such a smart cookie that she learned early on to fold her arms and keep her hands close to her. Now she will fold her arms, look at me and say (in her cute little baby voice) "hot" (something the 'h' sound is there, others not) and then blow out this tiny puff of air to try to cool down the 'hot' thing. It's just too adorable! This morning I was cooking her eggs and cheese and she was just so proud of herself for saying hot and then blowing on her eggs to cool them down. I just had to give her lots of snuggles and "good jobs" right then and there. So at just shy of17 months we have three official words: Mama, Dada, and Hot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment