July 19, 2012

Lightning

I've lived in the Tri-Cities (Southeastern WA) since I was four and I don't recall a time where we've had this much thunder and lightning in our area. The month of July started out pretty yucky with low temperatures and rainy weather. Then, seemingly out of the blue, we got notices of thunderstorms heading towards are area. These notices just keep coming. I honestly believe we've had a thunder and lightning storm every three days for the past three weeks. And these aren't itty-bitty storms that last just a few minutes, but rather strikes that light up the sky while pictures shake on your house walls lasting for hours. Thankfully the few fires that have been started from lightning strikes have been contained before much damage was done. As far as I know it's been desert that's burned rather than crops or houses. God willing it will stay that way.

Amanda Logsdon of Kennewick provided this photo. No editing was done  so the colorful clouds are how they actually appeared.

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2012/07/10/2016233/reader-lightning-photos.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

Paul Shoemaker of Richland supplied this photo of lightning strikes over the Tri-Cities

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2012/07/10/2016233/reader-lightning-photos.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

Sharon Worlund of Benton City supplies this photo of storm activity.

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2012/07/10/2016233/reader-lightning-photos.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

Ashley Schneider of Benton City supplied this photo of lightning over the Tri-Cities.

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2012/07/10/2016233/reader-lightning-photos.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

Capp Moncrief of Richland took this photo.

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2012/07/10/2016233/reader-lightning-photos.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

A local professional photographer took this picture near the Hanford site in Richland, WA.

No comments:

Post a Comment