Last weekend Nate and I had the pleasure of watching one of Nate's best friends marry the love of his life. Scott and Stephanie had a lovely wedding. It was held at
McMenamin's Grand Lodge (McMenamin's is a bar that specializes in taking different locations and turning them into their business, such as a theatre, old schoolhouse, or in this case, a hotel.) The location of the wedding was in one of the upper theatre-like rooms while the reception was outside on the grounds.
Before the wedding I had a lot of fun talking to some of Scott's relatives (Hackey and Shoeco, although I have no idea if that's how they spell their names or not). Nate was off performing Best Man duties so I settled into my chair thinking I could play with my phone until it was wedding time. Instead I spent the time talking and laughing and thoroughly enjoying myself as these two wonderful ladies and I got to know each other. Let me tell you, if ever I were to attend another wedding where I didn't know anyone I'd want to sit next to someone exactly like them. :-)
The wedding itself was short and sweet with both the Bride and Groom speaking their own vows. It make my heart smile when Scott got choked up as he said his!
 |
| A view of the theater where the wedding took place. |
 |
| The happy couple walking back down the aisle! |
 |
| Nate giving me the "really?" look. :-) |
The reception was also just their style. Laid back and easy going with a focus on everyone having a good time. There was a yummy breakfast brunch and the cutest mini cupcakes for dessert. I over indulged a bit as the red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and sugar coated rose petals were to die for! Even in the heat they were just too tasty to pass up.
 |
| Nate giving his toast. |
 |
| Scott cutting the world's smallest cupcake in two. |
After the reception died down Nate and I stayed so that Nate, Scott, and a few other stragglers could smoke their congratulatory cigars. While it did make for a stinky ending to the night it was fun watching Nate get some much deserved time off. All too soon Grandpa Carstens was calling us to say that Abby, whom he'd been watching all day for us, was getting tired and needed her parents to help put her to bed.
 |
| It's love! |
All in all it was a fantastic wedding and I wish many, many years of love, happiness, and laughter to the wonderful couple. To Scott and Stephanie!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment