I have some fun posts that need to be posted regarding recent family activities (camping, the fair, etc) but have discovered that they photos are on my mom's camera! Hopefully I can grab them tonight and then post some family updates this weekend.
Nate is not a happy camper right now. Last night he mentioned that his elbow was hurting but all I could see was a slight red spot. We figured he must have banged into something that left a little bruise but wasn't so hard that it was memorable. We were wrong. This morning he woke up with what looked like half a baseball puffing out of his elbow! Combined with a bright red inflamed splotch and extreme tenderness/pain to touch and we realized we had something bigger on our hands so off to Urgent Care he went. A few hours later it was discovered that his elbow has been affected by bursitis. The excess fluid was drained and he's been told to take is easy physically (including no beer due to medication!), but he's still hurting. I think what makes this extra difficult is that he was told to stay home from work today but work is at such a point that not working isn't possible. So he was trying to answer phone calls and emails from home amid the chaos of Abby and Haylee (my niece) playing together while my Mom and I chatted.
My Mom and Niece stopped by randomly today as Mom discovered a snake in their house! Since my Mom is highly afraid of snakes she wasn't getting near the house until she'd gotten the all clear sign that the snake was removed. I don't know which upset her more: 1) having a snake in the house or 2) repeatedly explaining that she doesn't care how big or little the snake was since that was the first question out of everyone's mouth when their heard what was going on. :-) Thankfully the snake found his way out of the house so that Mom could go home to get ready for my Uncle Bobby's visit.
My Uncle Bobby is in town! He's my Mom's brother and lives in Roseburg, OR which is about a seven or so hour drive from the Tri-Cities. Long enough that we don't get to see him very often. Maybe once or twice a year. This visit is extra special in that it's the first time seeing my Uncle without my Aunt who passed away in June. I'm so happy to see him, but I'll admit it's unsettling to think of seeing him without Nancy. Hearing him laugh without Nancy's chiming in. I'm thankful he was willing to make this extra stop on his trip visiting family (he just came from Seattle where he was visiting my Grandma and Auntie Sue as well as attending a High School reunion) as Nate, Abby, and I weren't able to make it over to Seattle last weekend.
In other family news, Nate's parents are also supposed to be coming up from Portland this weekend. The original plan was for them to arrive today, but Linda wasn't feeling so great so it's looking more like they'll be up here starting tomorrow. In a way this is nice because it means not having to juggle two families the entire weekend. If we get a good visit in with Uncle Bobby tonight and tomorrow I'll feel less guilty over not being over at my parent's house later Saturday and Sunday. It's the rainbow through the rainstorm, if you will. I'm just happy that we're not the ones traveling this weekend. I'm a little traveled out at the moment between Nate's business trips and our family trips.
Speaking of Nate's business trips, his co-worker officially purchased his plane tickets for the September business trip which means that Nate is off the hook for business travel that month. Woo hoo! (Knocking on wood that it remains this way.)
Next week marks the starting of my Mom activities beginning for the year. I didn't realize how much I depend on my weekly Mom moments until they were gone! :-) So MOPS starts next Thursday and the following Tuesday Joy starts. I'm also thinking of signing up for a fitness class that meets three days a week, although I'm thinking I'll only attend twice a week. Three mornings out of the house with Abby in childcare (for one hour for the exercise class and two hours for Joy) seems like enough (actually a lot!). That's why I haven't actually signed up for the exercise class yet. Do I really want to put Abby in childcare that much? Do I really want to pay for a three day a week class when at most I'll go two days a week? Am I being silly for even debating this since it's only a seven week course? It's the age old dilemma regarding how much 'me' time I should have in a week...to be continued...forever (or at least until all the kids are out of the house!). :-)
Hope you have a happy Friday and a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!




Gosh, the snake thing was a close call! Thanks for the update, your writing style is so engaging and funny!
ReplyDelete