March 5, 2014

Ash Wednesday Ashes

Today is Ash Wednesday! Abby and I went to the 9:45am mass (missing swim lessons :-( but this was truly the only mass time that worked without a major schedule change) and she did so, so good with her behavior. Normally, Abby goes into childcare during church so the special/holy days of obligation are really the only times she's at mass with me. We were in the Cry Room the whole time and she did a great job with keeping her voice to an inside level, not completely mooching off of everyone's snacks, sharing the books/toys available to play with, AND telling me every time she had to go potty (four in total) instead of having an accident (as she was in big girl panties). She was also adorable in pointing to my forehead and saying "uh oh...you have ashes!" When we got home and she realized she'd wiped all her ashes off (I think she did this as we were walking back down the aisle from getting them - that dust tickles!) she was so sad. But being a quick thinking Mom I gave her some of mine and she was all smiles again. :-) We also started the Holy Heroes Lenten Adventure today and I thought it was really cute. The free version (because I'm cheap that way) had two quick videos (two minutes and less) about why we observe Lent and Ash Wednesday and neat facts about them and then they had two coloring pages and a crossword puzzle. She definitely liked the coloring pages, I liked the crossword, and we both got something out of the videos. Win!
Our Ashes

No comments:

Post a Comment