October 24, 2014

Field Trip to the Country Mercantile

Abby's second field trip for preschool (seriously, loving the field trips!) was to the Country Mercantile. This is the same place the Akers' girls (and Chase!) go every year so I was curious to see what Abby would think having just been to the same pumpkin patch a week earlier. She was a little bummed that she couldn't go on the rides but the cookie and juice made up for it. :-)

I just cannot get enough of this girl! 

Riding the tractor out to the pumpkin patch. We didn't get to do this the previous week, so Abby was really excited for the ride.

I didn't understand where the tractor was taking us at first because they were going the opposite way from the pumpkin patch I was familiar with. Then we pulled up to this patch and I realized their geniousness. We were in a pumpkin patch with smaller, almost exactly the same size pumpkins. Makes sense that they wouldn't want us hauling home gigantic pumpkins with our small entrance fee. :-)

Once again it took us a while to find the "perfect" pumpkin. This time it was because many of the pumpkins were yucky (i.e., they had dirt on them) so I sneakily wiped one off and presented it to Miss Abby for her inspection. It was perfect! :-)

Climbing the hay tower.

It's a little hard to see here but Abby, instead of using the small step to get from one bale to the next, decided to simply jump down. Almost continued rolling down the next bale but caught herself in time. At this point I decided to stick a little closer to my jumping, jelly bean.

The animals were in a much friendlier mood and allowed for lots of petting. 

Abby gleefully running through the maze. I ran through it with her and, for the first time ever, she actually went all the way through and found the exit. Yay!


Look at those curls! I think she should be in a Pantene commercial with how adorably bouncy and beautiful they are. 

Grumpy face due to the lack of carnival rides and a tummy going "beep beep". (I bet your tummy goes "roar" when it's hungry...not hers!)

Finishing up our field trip on the tractor outside the main entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment