Tonight our neighborhood threw a pumpkin carving party. It was low-key, thrown together mostly last minute, but fantabulously fun. I don't think I can adequately say how much I love the neighbors we live next to.
 |
| Carving our first pumpkin of the year. |
 |
| This year we lucked out on picking out a pumpkin that is actually carvable. Last year's pumpkin required a butcher knife and Nate's strength to saw through. This year Abby's arm and a cheap pumpkin knife did the trick. |
 |
| 4 tables, 13 adults, and 15 kids |
 |
| Averie rocking the painted face. |
 |
| Kati didn't think I'd get the picture but I've got mad skills. |
 |
| The guys carving up the big pumpkins |
 |
| Table of sugar high goodness. Hot cocoa, hot apple cider, popcorn, cookies, and candy. |
 |
| Abby with her finished pumpkin. |
 |
| Chris brought out the dremel and made a serious pumpkin mess, but carved some very nice designs. |
 |
| Nate teaching Abby how to twirl her glowstick. |
 |
| Abby decided she wanted to draw on her pumpkin patch pumpkin and invited her favorite friends to join her. |
 |
| The night ended with the kids running around in the street and the adults having stilt competitions. |
The evening was nice and relaxed with kids running back and forth between yards, adults carving pumpkins and drinking wine or beer, classic rock playing on the radio, and lots of laughter and chatting. We can't wait for the next neighborhood party!
No comments:
Post a Comment