November 1, 2014

Disney On Ice: Let's Celebrate!

The Akers' girls got together again (no Chase this time) and enjoyed the festivities of Disney on Ice: Let's Celebrate! Having never been to this show before I wasn't sure what to expect, but I figured we'd have fun regardless. I'm really glad we went! I'll totally admit that as the lights dimmed and Lumiere came out to introduce the show I heard Abby say "WOW" in such a way that just made my heart melt and my eyes tear up. I am so blessed to have Abby as my daughter and am so thankful for her each and every day. But enough with the sappy...on to the show!

I tried so hard to get a cute picture of the girls as we waited for the show to start, but Abby was much more interested in her snow cone than in taking pictures.

And truthfully for what I paid for this thing I'm glad she was into it! This plastic cup filled with ice and syrup, that happened to have a picture of Tinkerbell on it, cost me $15.00. $15.00! She kept wanting popcorn during the show but I refused to spend $12.00 on a bag filled with pennies-to-produce popcorn that just happened to have a Mickey Mouse picture on it. Girl got normal concession stand priced pizza, Capri Sun, and a Fruit Roll-up.

Abby was entertained by the salespeople on the ice trying to sell the Boomerangs. 

And then the show begins! I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the characters didn't just amateurishly skate around the ice, but rather were professional skaters who did tricks and such.

So excited for what she's watching that she couldn't sit in her seat. Thankfully I'd purposefully purchased our tickets in the row with the bar so that she could move around a bit without disturbing those in front of us. 

My happy girl!

This part of the show was really neat! It was the magical broom scene from Fantasia and they were black-light brooms on the floor, ceiling, and walls. Very cool to watch!

I can honestly say that my favorite part of the performance was when they highlighted the Disney princesses in the first half. Each Princess and Prince got to come out and dance to "their" song. My favorite princess (Sleeping Beauty) was missing but she tends to always get left out of the line. :-( I think Cinderella typically being in blue while Ariel gets pink overshadows Aurora who is both. Lame in my opinion.

Enthusiastically clapping for the skaters. 

I'm completely impressed with how strong the guys are and how trusting the girls are.

Abby wanted to be next to Haylee so she decided to just jump up on her lap. :-)

A great Princess finale!

Unfortunately, the show was just a little on the too long side for Abby. It was an hour for the first half, then a 15 minute intermission, then another hour. Add in a sick Abby (again, not contagious, just a nasty cough) and in need of a nap and halfway through the second half we had to work to keep her happy.

I kept trying to get her to smile in our selfie, but she wanted to open and close her mouth instead. So I ended up joining her. Yes, I admit I'm goofy. :-)

Lighting the ice on fire was neat!

Abby thought so, too! Her "Wow" is tonsil showing. :-)

Holding my tired little girl reminding her we had just a few more minutes to go.

The finale brought all the characters back out on the ice for a wonderful send off. 

Abby thought the fire pops (her way of saying fire works) were a great ending, too!
Haylee was a little sad that we didn't see Anna or Elsa (as I think every girl in the audience was) but she has to learn some day that the West Coast is behind the times and we have to wait to catch up to the East Coast. :-) Hopefully we get Disney on Ice: Frozen! next year!

1 comment: