February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day Party at Preschool

It's time for another party at Abby's preschool! With a bit of a break since her Preschool Christmas Party extravaganza I was ready to be a helpful parent in the classroom again. :-)

First order of party fun was to make Valentine's Day crowns. 

Once all the stickers were put on the band of the crown the big hearts were attached. This craft surprisingly took a fair amount of time as each child was putting their craft together with a lot of thought and discussion. 

Then we moved on to snack time with a treat! Ice cream and raspberry soda floats with a licorice straw. Nate's genes once again showed their dominance with Abby taking two bites and then deciding that she was done. I don't think my side of the family has EVER left ice cream on the table. :-)

A view of her finished crown.

With a few minutes remaining after the party (and before preschool was finished) the kids sang some songs. I love how into the song Abby is here.

(The song I mention in the picture above.)

A few weeks prior Abby's preschool did Donuts with Dad where Dads came to class for an hour or so and had donuts and juice with their kids and made a craft. This time the craft was a special Valentine's box to hold all of their Valentine's cards for the upcoming party. While Nate mentioned that lots of other kids did hearts or flowers or other sweet things, Nate and Abby made a shark! (I later found a sweet Valentine's Day card hidden inside the card from the two of them for me. Abby even signed her name!)

Abby was VERY proud of her shark and is here telling me about how I need to be careful with it or I might break it and then Abby would be very angry and frustrated with me. Message received!!!
This year's Valentine's were chosen by Abby herself and were Frozen cards (of course) with Skittles. Not homemade but we had fun putting them together regardless!

No comments:

Post a Comment