March 19, 2015

First Manicure/Pedicure

Nate was away on a business trip so I decided to surprise Abby with a girl's only outing: A manicure! But as soon as she saw my feet dip into the tiny bathtub Abby didn't want to miss out on the fun so we added in a pedicure as well. She was enamored with the pink kid's chair that she got to sit in, the fact that she got to pick out her own colors for her nails without any help from Mom, and that the chair massagers kept tickling her back. This definitely won't be an every trip type of outing (boredom at the end plus the cost makes this a special only-every-once-in-a-rare-while type of event) but it was one that both of us enjoyed during and for as long as the paint lasted afterward.

Her sweet "please" convinced me to tack on a pedicure for her since she wanted to be just like me. In hindsight I should have gone with one of the other, but not both as she got antsy pantsy after a while.

Watching her toes being cleaned.

A little nervous about getting her cuticles pushed back so she wanted to hold my hand.

Upon discovering the massage controller she had a blast turning zones on and off and feeling the tickle on her back.

My beautiful honey bunny. Notice the bags underneath her eyes? Let's just say that there's not a lot of sleep on either of our parts when Nate is out of town. I'm pretty sure this was after a night of 2-3 wake ups.

Getting her fingernails painted and holding her already-painted-hand still so as not to smudge the paint.

Getting a little help from Mom while the flower designs are added to her thumbs.

Our finished toes!
Abby's fingernails barely lasted a week due to the intense play that she participates in, but her toenails lasted almost a month before they got so splotchy that I took the paint off. As I look down at my feet almost three months later and see the same nail polish and design I think it's time I headed back for another pedicure, don't you? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment