For Abby's Pirate Day at preschool this year I wanted to step it up a bit and do more than throw an eye patch on her and call her costume good. But I had not idea what to do until I went to our MOPS' yard sale and found some super cute items that, with a bit of imagination, I thought might be the perfect accessories for a lady pirate to wear. Once Abby's outfit was on she was so excited and so stinkin' cute!
 |
| I grinned like a fool this morning over how cute I thought she was. Here she is making her "Arrr" face. |
 |
| I'm glad I got a picture of her at home because at school she slowly started to shed all her pirate gear. :-) Here she is coloring her parrot. |
 |
| Abby and her classmates hear from Pirate Pete and begin their treasure hunt. I didn't quite understand all of what Abby was saying but it sounded like Pete's feet were stinky and they were on a hunt to help him find his boots. :-) |
 |
| On the hunt for Pete's boots. |
 |
| They found his boots! And their own bounty of treasures (sparkly, plastic jewels, a few doubloons, and a chocolate coin!) |
When I picked Abby up she was all dressed up in her pirate garb again, but we'd not taken two steps out of the classroom when she began to take everything off and shove it in her backpack. I think the excitement with dressing up was over. :-) This was definitely a successful "special" day at preschool.
No comments:
Post a Comment