At just shy of six months (Nate beat me down!) Jake and Beth had their first taste of food. Granted, it was Oatmeal Cereal but breast-milk it was not. My "rule" with Abby was that if everyone let me exclusively nurse until six months without making a big issue of it then, once she'd hit six months, I wouldn't make a big issue out of whatever she was fed (within health and safety reasons). It worked great for Abby so I figured it'd work for Beth and Jake as well. I liked knowing that I'd get a peaceful six months and the families liked knowing that they'd eventually be able to give their desired treats without getting yelled at. Win-Win!
A week or so before the big six month mark, my own husband and daughter began to bug me big time about feeding the babies real food. I resisted as long as I could but their sweet pleading broke me down and so, on Tuesday (July 18th) at two days shy of six months (because, yes, it does matter) Beth and Jake had their first try of food.
Jake getting his first bite.
He liked it so much he tried to grab the bowl. :-)
Jake definitely likes 'real' food.
Beth wasn't so sure about her first bite.
Deciding if she likes the taste of not.
"What was that, Mom?"
"Do I have to take another bite?"
In the end, she likes it!
I'll admit that a part of me is really looking forward to all the different foods they can try and another part is not excited about trying to feed (and clean!) two babies from messy meals. But, I know I can't keep them on Mom's milk forever so here's to the beginning of a fun food journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment