This month has seen some big changes for both kiddos. Beth learned to roll from back to front, reaches for objects, stands with support, bounces like a crazy loon in her jumper, gives real laughs when she finds something funny, and twists in circles in her activity center. She's had her first bites of food and definitely likes it. She enjoys being pulled up to the dinner table when we're having dinner and being a part of the family. She still wakes every 2.5 or so hours to eat and struggles to stay asleep longer than 30 minutes but I read an old blog post about Abby during this age and she was doing the same thing. So there's hope for eventual nights of rest. Jake learned to hold a bottle by himself (which is pretty neat since they rarely get them), loves to jump as high and fast as he can in the jumper, has perfected rolling front to back but still prefers someone to turn him manually. He also enjoys eating and tends to only stop when the food runs out. Like his big sister, Jake is up every 2.5 hours during the night and after 30 minutes during the day but doesn't fight sleep as much as he tends to go out like a light. He's still my big snuggler and knows exactly when I need him to burrow into my neck and just love on me. I will say I'm getting pretty darn close to wanting them to be in their own room in the big crib, though. I've gotten into the habit of pulling them both into bed with me at night and while this does help me sleep a little more I think they've gotten used to frequent snacks at night instead of one (or two) good feedings, which is probably not helping the longer sleeping sessions I so desperately want. So sometime in the future I'll be biting the bullet and moving them out, but I'm not quite ready for that yet.
| One Month Old - Wondering who this other person is. |
| Two Months Old - Looking like their own person now. |
| Three Months Old - Getting their own personalities. |
| Four Months Old - Beth poses for her picture while Jake is totally over the camera. |
| Five Months Old - I got them on the same side as before! Starting to really enjoy baby life. |
| 6 Months Old - The unofficial monthly picture where they're smiling and holding hands. Such a sweet photo! |
Here are Elizabeth's stats:
Height Weight Head CM
Birth 17.5 in. 5 lbs. 8 oz.
2 Weeks 18.0 in. 5 lbs. 7 oz. 33.0 cm
1 Month 19.2 in. 7 lbs. 9 oz. 36.8 cm
2 Months 21.0 in. 9 lbs. 7 oz. 38.7 cm
4 Months 22.5 in. 11 lbs. 6 oz. 41.0 cm
6 Months 24.1 in. 13 lbs. 0 oz. 43.0 cm
Beth put on the hoped for weight at the one-month follow-up! She's officially just a teeny, tiny peanut. Per the "not sure I'm reading this right" CDC charts she's 5th percentile for both height and weight. Our Doctor also pulled up the premature growth charts and as of their four month appointment (which is as high as the chart he pulled up went) Beth was 57th percentile in premature baby weight.
Here are Jacob's stats:
Height Weight Head CM
Birth 17.5 in. 5 lbs. 10 oz.
2 Weeks 18.0 in. 5 lbs. 7 oz. 33.5 cm
1 Month 19.0 in. 8 lbs. 2 oz. 36.8 cm
2 Months 21.1 in. 10 lbs. 2 oz. 38.3 cm
4 Months 23.0 in. 12 lbs. 14 oz. 41.0 cm
6 Months 24.8 in. 14 lbs. 3 oz. 43.6 cm
Jake is still a chunk compared to Beth. I'm thinking that even with Beth starting to catch up his body type is just more sumo wrestler to her ballerina physique. Time will tell! His "not sure I'm reading this right" CDC chart shows Jake's in the 1st percentile for height and 3rd for weight. According to the premature charts he's 63rd percentile for weight as of his 4 month appointment. Again, growing nicely for being a month early and a twin.




No comments:
Post a Comment