My babies are eight months old. 8! And for a while there I wasn't sure if we were going to make it. A few days after they celebrated their first seven months of life, both babies were diagnosed with Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. When Abby was diagnosed years ago, this illness manifested itself with a few cranky moments but overall not much change in her normal disposition. Not so, for Beth and Jake. It was an intense week of hell. And I do not say that lightly. They demanded to be held and would scream at the top of their lungs if they weren't. But they only wanted me to hold them and not their sibling. So even when I was holding them it wasn't for long, peaceful moments. And naps went to crap. But I tried to be kind, patient, and loving because my babies were hurting. Thankfully, we are all over that now and shouldn't ever get a repeat!
The first huge milestone of the past month was that BOTH babies learned to sit up on their own. The family was at a park and, while Nate and Abby were playing on the playground equipment, I decided to sit the babies up to give them a different view than of the sky. They were stabilizing their core so well I thought I'd give a whirl at seeing how long they could manage on their own. Color me shocked when the moments turned into seconds and the seconds into almost a minute. From then on I'd try to sit them up whenever I put them on the ground and in no time flat they were sitting up like they'd been doing it since birth. There's still few funny tumbles as they lean too far one direction and just crash over but I no longer worry about them crashing every time they sit down.
On September 15th, Beth said her first word and it was "mama". MAMA! Way to go girlfriend!
Beth is still in 3-6 month sized clothes but is on the borderline of 2 and 3 sized diapers. Since I really don't like having two different sizes I'm going to finish out her size 2's and move her into size 3's. They'll just be a little bit big and Mom won't have to keep track of the availability of two different sizes.
Jake, not to be outdone, is starting to pop his first tooth! It's just the teeny-tiniest little sharp spot in his gum line, but I can attest that it's there. Or rather my nursing sessions can. LOL. He's also in size 3-6 months for clothes and (as mentioned above) size 3 diapers. He's a champ at blowing bubbles now and does this cutest grunt face when he wants something and doesn't get it immediately.
They both still enjoy their food as they still wake to nurse roughly every 2-2.5 hours all day and night long. BUT they are doing better on napping for longer than 30 minutes. I'm typically getting an hour to an hour and a half per nap, which definitely helps with giving me some space for a Mom break during the day as well as uninterrupted time for laundry, dishes, etc. (Or blog posting!) Lastly, they are both scootching and rolling and started to get up on all fours and rock in preparation for crawling. I both am really excited for this step and greatly fear it. :-)
"Birth" - First night at home around 5 days old.
One Month Old - Wondering who this other person is.
Two Months Old - Looking like their own person now.
Three Months Old - Getting their own personalities.
Four Months Old - Beth poses for her picture while Jake is totally over the camera.
Five Months Old - I got them on the same side as before! Starting to really enjoy baby life.
And the official 6 month photo where they both refuse to smile at the same time no matter what I do. This was the best of the bunch! I do like how it shows the difference in body types between the two. You can see that Beth is just tiny compared to Jake, especially their chest and waist size differences.
They're so excited to be 7 months old. LOL.
This month became the first month where it was really hard to snap their picture even though there were in such good moods. They kept ripping off their month stickers or grabbing the others sticker when I'd attached theirs back on. But I will DEFINITELY take this month's craziness with smiles over last month's screaming in anger. :-)
In fact they were so full of smiles that I had a tough time picking which picture I wanted to highlight this month.
It was so much easier taking pictures of them sitting up this time as they could sit on their own and didn't need to be propped up. Although those propped up photos made for some cute outtakes, these smiles are super awesome and I think I like these better.
No comments:
Post a Comment