July 10, 2009

Catching Up with Celeste


One of my good friend's from high school was visiting the Tri-Cities with her husband for a one-day whirlwind catchup with all those who still lived here. Celeste was one of the 'fab five' girls that I hung out with back in the day. There was Celeste, Shelby (not pictured), Karen, Caren, and me. Of course we were friends with a lot of other people and had our separate adventures, but the five of us always seemed to be together. Whether it was eating lunch in the school gym, having sleepovers, or hanging out at the park. If one was there, the rest soon followed.

Well, then graduation happened and we all started going off in different life directions. A few of us stayed in the Tri-Cities but Celeste (and Shelby) managed to escape the vortex that is this town. About three years ago the five of us managed to be back in the Tri-Cities together and were able to catch up and reconnect. For some of us (Caren) this included introducing new babies to the girls, for others it was talk of jobs or other crazy life stuff.

Yesterday I got another opportunity to catch up with Celeste and the girls (minus Shelby who couldn't make it in from Nevada). Celeste is recently married to her husband Stephen and expecting this November! It was so awesome to see that she's still the same Celeste I remember. Lots of energy, talking a mile-a-minute, always ready with a laugh, and just an all-around fun person to be with. It was exciting to catch up on what she's been doing (and I'll admit - get fun wedding tips from her), but a little sad to realize that it will probably be another few years before I see her in person again. On the bright side, maybe the next time she'll have a bunch of kids to introduce to the girls, Shelby will be able to come by for the visit, and I'll have more updates on my life to give.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously wish I could have been there. It would have been fun seeing all of you. Maybe soon...

    ReplyDelete