This past weekend my mom invited a bunch of family friends over to the Horn Rapids pool for a swim and BBQ get-together. Let's see there was our family (Dad, Mom, Katie, David, Haylee, me), Nate, the Calverts (Jerry and Gayla), the Heatons (Kurk, Shawna, and their daughter Morgan), co-workers of my mom's (Aureka, her husband, and their two kids Abby and Ellie), the Walkers (Brian, Katie, and their kids Grant and Madeleine), and Karen. All in all there were 22 of us at the pool. Wow, until I just counted I didn't realize how many of us were there. No wonder both the baby and big pool seemed overflowing!
Anyways, there wasn't any special event going on or anything we just hadn't seen each other in a while and thought getting together for friends, fun, and food would be a good thing. The pool came in extra handy, too, as we've been experiencing 100+ degree weather lately.
I thought the funniest part of the day was when I was playing with Haylee in the pool and she saw a toy and started loudly saying "My toy! My toy!" Well, since Haylee is 2 it seems like everything she likes is 'hers' so I kept telling her 'no, Haylee, that's not your toy' and she just kept saying "My toy!". Eventually I caught my mom's eye and asked if the toy Haylee was pointing at was really hers or not (because this loud proclamation of 'mine' had never gone on so long). Turns out that it WAS her toy. I apologized many times for not believing her. But, not 10 minutes later another toy became "My toy!" Did I learn my lesson from the last experience? Nope. I gave the same disbelief act until Mom set me straight. Turns out that my parents brought about 6 different pool toys for people to play with! I had no idea. Maybe next time I'll really give some thought into whether something is Haylee's before discounting it. Maybe. :-)
Playing with all the kids.







No comments:
Post a Comment