April 4, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday to Me!

On April 1, 2010 I turned 30 years old. Woo Hoo! Years ago the though of turning 30 made me think of old, boring people. Now, I realize that turning 30 is just hitting my stride of life. I snuck in the getting married part, and just under the wire, too! I've got a great house that we just moved in to. Finally, not to get too personal, we're working on starting a family. :-)

To celebrate my 'big' day I first hung out with Nate's family during a three-part birthday celebration for Nate's dad, Nate's grandma, and myself. There, amongst family and friends, we went out to dinner, had yummy German Chocolate cake (made my Nate's grandma) and I got to open my fabulous gift from Nate. A new laptop!!! It was such an exciting present because I was totally surprised! I knew a laptop was in our future but I figured it would be months to a year or so down the road. Never did I expect it would be just a few days away from looking at one. The sneaky guy that Nate is, he got me to pick out my favorite one of the trip and then went back to the store later and bought it. I'm having so much fun with it that I forget I still have a desktop!

After the Carstens' family celebration Nate and I had a few friends over for dinner and one of them surprised me with another great homemade cake. Jessica knew of my love of Diet Pepsi and then made me a cake to remind me of that love. A pepsi logo! I loved it!

Next week, when my family has Haylee, we'll celebrate a third time! Three birthdays to celebrate my 30th is pretty darn cool. I guess the only downside to having our wedding so close to my 30th birthday is that I didn't really have enough time to plan a huge celebration for all my friends. Plus, with all the gifts people so generously gave us for the wedding celebration, I didn't feel right turning around and having another gift potential event. So we'll just have to throw a big party for my 40th!!!

Me with my cake full of 30 candles!

A view of the Diet Pepsi logo cake that Jessica made for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment