December 5, 2010

28 Weeks

I am officially 28 weeks pregnant this week. How in the world am I 28 weeks? I only have 12 weeks left! I remember when I hit 12 weeks and was so excited to be that far along (the all-day nausea was not something I was celebrating, however). Now, here I am on the flip-side and looking down a very short tunnel to the birth of my first baby. I'm going to be a MOM! Can you believe it! I mean, I know I'm already a mom in the sense that everything I do affects this baby so I have to take care of myself, but I'm so looking forward to the moment where this little person currently inside of me gets placed into my arms. Oh, how I look forward to that day.

Let's see...the positives and negatives at this point are:

Positives
* Baby is REALLY moving. I feel little and big jabs and kicks all the time now.
* My stomach actually moves with some of these kicks. If I'm sitting in a somewhat lounge position (like on a couch) I can literally see my stomach jump a few centimeters as baby says hello.
* This last week I've gotten at least six hours of straight sleep each night. SIX!!!! Oh, how glorious is that. I never understood the value of a deep night's sleep until night after night I was getting up every 2-3 hours. Now, I understand that this will probably go away again but I'm loving the time while it's here. Thank you baby (and bladder!) for not waking me up!
* Nate can feel the baby if they kick or punch really, really hard. Seeing Nate's face when he feels the baby is just...well, undescribeable. I LOVE how invested in the pregnancy he is.
* Another ultrasound appointment! Baby was NOT cooperative, though as s/he kept their hands around their face the ENTIRE time. So no ultrasound pics to post. The ones were got are so hard to interpret, but I'll still scrapbook them!

Negatives
* I'm starting to feel the tiredness of the first trimester. Many nights I'm wanting to go to bed by 8pm.
* Starting to feel a little anxious about all that needs to be done between now and baby. I want to buy, organize, and do but feeling so tired makes this difficult.

Huh - that's all the negatives I can think of right now so things must be pretty good still. :-)

The last fun thing about hitting this milestone is that Nate and I have started to take our prenatal classes. Only one so far, but we both learned some things and felt that it was worth our time. Looking forward to the next one this upcoming week!


Thought I'd show my injury. These rugburn like marks were made when I bumped my stomach into one of our counter stools. I literally bumped my stomach so lightly that when I noticed these marks hours later it took me a LONG time to figure out what I'd bumped into to cause the marks. My skin doesn't have a lot of room to give any more!

28 Week belly shot with the Christmas tree



A bit closer of a belly shot to show how big I am.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, you look great!
    Who is teaching your childbirth classes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to be in the home stretch! 28 weeks is a big milestone, and you look fantastic. Pretty soon you won't remember any of the "negatives" of pregnancy because you'll be washed over with love and happiness as you hold your baby for the first time!

    ReplyDelete