September 30, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday



--- 1 ---

I went to Columbia Community Church's Kids Consignment sale for the first time today. It was a great deal! Not only was I able to purchase a bunch of like-new toys for Abby they were much, much cheaper than I would have expected to pay. Nate figured I'd spent around $100 for the 6 toys and 2 outfits but I only shilled out $24! An even better part of this deal is that a decent amount of the proceeds from the sale go to a local charity. I will definitely be attending their Spring Consignment.

--- 2 ---

I once again reconfirmed that when the house is a mess I get pretty grumpy. It's amazing what a generally picked up house can do to "pick up" (get it!) one's spirits. :-) Yes, I recognize the lameness of the pun!

--- 3 ---

Abby has been switching her naptimes around again and I'm not sure I like this latest development. She misses her previous 9am nap and stays up until noon or 12:30pm where she sleeps for around two hours. Then around 4:30pm she wants to go down again but refuses to sleep in her crib and instead will only sleep in my arms. If I move, she's up. That lasts until usually 5 or 5:15pm when my arms fall asleep. She's up until 7:30pm bedtime. I've tried getting her to go down earlier in the day to at least have two naps decently spaced apart from each other and nighttime sleeping, but no luck so far.

--- 4 ---

Nate is in cruchtime with studying for his exam and I can tell that he's quickly getting to the "I've had enough" point. I don't know whether to 'encourage' him to continue studying pretty much every night, or to back off and let him have a few nights off before hitting the books/notes hard again. His test is October 28th and between now and then he has a week in North Carolina for work, a half-week of vacation days, and a weekend wedding. So much in so little time.

--- 5 ---

Abby has learned how to make the "yum" sound when eating. It's not enough that I'd classify it as a real word, but it's definitely the "hmm" sound you make when something's yummy. It's really cute to see her lunge for a spoonful of food then say "Yum/Hmm" when eating it.

--- 6 ---

I'm still trying to lose the weight I've gained from being pregnant with Abby, but I've lost enough that I'm going to get out the non-maternity clothes from the attic. I really hope I can find a few of my 'fat' outfits to pull out from the boxes and start wearing. I'm tired of the tops/bottoms that float on me right now, but am nervous that I'm not quite thin enough to get back into some of my old clothes. Oh, well. I'll keep working at it and hopefully I'll get into them sooner rather than later.

--- 7 ---

Nate brought me flowers last night. No reason, just wanted me to know I was loved. Gosh, I love him!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

1 comment:

  1. I'm headed to North Carolina next week for work, too! I always look forward to reading your updates and finding out what you guys are up to.

    ReplyDelete