October 1, 2011

31 Days of Exercise: Day 1


Another blog I read had a link to a fun idea. It's Nester's 31 Days of...Challenge. The premise is that for the 31 days in October you blog every day about the specific topic you've chosen. This couldn't have come at a more opportune time. See just last night I was trying to psych myself up for a challenge to exercise every day in October to try to kick up my exercise routine a notch. I typically try to get in a treadmill workout on the weekend and at least one day during the week as well as a long walk with my friend Danica. Lately, that's been it. 2-3 days a week. Lame! Especially when I used to intensely work out for 5-6 days a week. So I made a challenge for myself to exercise every day in October. No minimum time required, but it has to be true exercise (not the fake 'oh I'll walk around the block at a stroll' kind of exercise). Then I saw this challenge and thought what a perfect way to encourage myself. If I have to 'prove' I exercised every day by posting about it, I'll probably do it! So, I'm attempting this challenge. Prepare for an onslaught of boring blog posts. :-)

Today I did Week 6, Session 3 of my Power Walking iFit card on the treadmill. When Nate and I bought our treadmill there was a 'free' iFit card included in the purchase. At first I thought this was kind of lame, but after using it I'm really liking it. Basically it's a Jillian Michaels' (from The Biggest Loser) automated workout, which means that I push GO and 30 minutes later I stop. During that time the speed and incline increases and decreases per Jillian's instructions to give me a decent workout. This has been nice as my left knee and hip took a beating with this pregnancy and still have a tendency to pop and give-out unexpectedly. This workout card is good for 8 weeks (three sessions per week) so after I finish this one I think I'm going to buy either the Weight Loss or Running for Beginners one. I previously used the Couch 25k running program to train myself to run 5ks and I was pleased with the results. With the fall/winter weather approaching, though, having an indoor running plan would be nice.

Well, that's day 1 of 31 Days of Exercise. Wish me luck for the next 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment