Normally when I say that my Abby is a great 'sharer' I am highlighting a positive, not today. :-) You'll be happy to know that after Abby's bout with a stomach bug (see blog post: Oh What a Night) she's doing much better. Her appetite is back to almost normal and we're just contending with the after affects of a stomach bug by going through a few changes of clothes a day due to blow/leak-outs of her diaper. No biggie. I mention that Abby is a great 'sharer' because she so lovingly shared this bug with me!
My goodness. This was not fun. I don't know which was worse, experiencing the bug affects myself or having to watch Abby go through them. All I could think about during my sickness was that my little girl had to go through this and I felt so sorry for her. Thankfully Nate is an awesome husband and father and really stepped up to the plate to take care of us. I started getting sick Monday night and kept at it through Tuesday morning. Once I'd finished the throwing up phase of this illness I basically stayed in bed sleeping or resting as that's all I could physically do. Nate stayed home and took care of Abby and the house. It's nice knowing that when I'm really out for the count I can depend so easily on someone else to take over.
Now that I'm better I'm praying that Nate avoids this sickness. I figure that if we get to Friday we'll be in the clear for sure. I'm also praying that this takes care of our family's illnesses for a while. The sick fairy needs to leave our house! In the past month we've had me come down with a horrible cold, Abby get a nasty rash from my stupidity (she's allergic to tomatoes and while I was sick with my cold I fed her Chef Boyardi (a tomato based pasta sauce) a lot that week - mom fail!), Abby get a stomach bug, and then I got her stomach bug. Normally it's Nate and Abby who get sick so I guess I was due, however I've now paid up so it's healthy time! No more sickness for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment