Nate, Abby, and I had a fun and relaxing Easter Sunday. We started off the day bright and early by heading to the 7:30am mass. It was crowded like I expected but not overly so. Normally I would have gone to the 9:30am mass which is like a zoo (mass is held in both the church and the school gym and it's so packed that, literally, every available seat is full and the narthex (lobby) is jam-packed with standing bodies), but with Abby's normal wake-up time being 7am we figured we'd rather wake her up a few minutes early and have her fully awake at mass rather than get there 30 minutes before she would be wanting to go down for a nap. The timing worked beautifully! Abby was fantastic throughout mass. She happily played in either Nate, mine, or my Mom's arms (Grandpa was on the other side of Grandma and out of reach) or on the kneelers. After mass we even had two different groups of people stop by to tell us how great she was. The people behind us and another couple whom Abby gave a fabulous grin to while we were walking back from receiving communion/a blessing. It's always a nice parenting pat on the back when others acknowledge what you already know. That your child is awesome! :-)
After church we went out to breakfast with my parents and with some good friends of ours whom we'd seen at mass - Rick and Danica Garcia with their daughter Adria. Danica and I both enjoyed breakfast at SagePort Grill as we'd both commented on how we'd planned an elaborate Easter brunch but sickness (mine) and other time commitments (hers) kept us from grocery shopping. So it was either a yummy brunch out or scrambling for cereal for the family. I think the families agreed that out was better.
Once home we spent the rest of the day out in the beautiful sunshine working in the yard. We'd been invited to and Easter dinner with my sister and her boyfriend's family, but my cold kept us home. As of today I've been sick 16 days and while I'm getting progressively better each day I'm not over it yet. It was still a fun time, though. Abby played in her playhouse or in the rocks and Nate and I worked at removing tree roots from one of our rock areas. The roots, while having taken a beating, won the war that day. It's going to take at least another weekend before they're gone or at least buried far below ground.
The end of Easter had the three of us sitting on the floor in the living room just talking and laughing. It was the perfect ending to a great day. I will admit that I'm looking forward to next year when Abby can participate in an Easter egg hunt. She's not a fan of crawling on grass so hiding eggs outside was out and she got to distracted by all the other fun stuff in our house to hunt down eggs inside. She did enjoy opening one and eating the M&Ms from it, though. :-)
| A picture of the family after mass. |




No comments:
Post a Comment