September 27, 2012

Apple Picking

Today Abby and I went apple picking with our old MOPS group. (They disbanded this year so we joined up with a new one, but still like to get together with the ladies and kids from the previous group.) One of the ladies owns an orchard in Benton City and this was our first time visiting. Since it was our first time I wasn't sure how many apples we could take so I figured that taking two grocery bags full wouldn't be too greedy. Boy, did I not have to worry! Some of the ladies who went are SERIOUS with their canning and literally had their trunks full from bottom to top with box after box of apples. Next year I'll know to have my recipes looked at beforehand so I have a better idea of how many apples (and what kinds) I want. But for this year my two little bags will do just fine. I figure we'll make a little bit of applesauce and freeze up some apples for holiday pies. Overall the day was lovely and it was a great time chatting with everyone and watching the kids run around. I'm looking forward to doing this again next year!

At first Abby wasn't so sure about what she was supposed to be doing. Kids were running everywhere, but she seemed to want to take in the action a bit before joining.

Abby fell in love with Ava's wagon. Every time she saw it she'd climb on in and push Ava over to the side and the apples to the bottom. :-) 

Abby became very interested in the trees once she saw Andrew picking an apple off the tree and then eating it.

Abby would go over to an apple, touch it, then run off. 

Finally, she picked her first apple!

And promptly started to eat it. :-)

She was SO proud of herself. I was, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment