October 12, 2012

Hi. All done. Bye!

And that, my friends, is my Abby speaking in sentences. Short sentences, yes, but sentences nonetheless. Grandma Akers stopped by this morning for a bit of playtime, before picking up my niece from school, and had Abby playing a phone game. They'd call me while I was in another room and Abby and I would chat for a bit. After a few times of just hearing "hi" or "bye" by themselves I decided to just sit in the living room with them while Abby played. It was at this time that Abby picked up the phone and said "Hi. All done. Bye!" and then dropped the phone to go play with a different toy. I was shocked! Actual words in the right order making a sentence. It's almost a paragraph it's so awesome! :-)

A short time ago I'd mentioned that her pediatrician (oh, it was at her 18 month check-up) was a little concerned on her few speaking words. I should have just trusted my gut and known that she would once again catch up in her special Abby-time. We saw a different doctor this past Monday (Abby was sick) and after hearing Abby talk mentioned how good of a speaker she was for her age. Funny how just a few months can make a difference. I was adding up words and when we were at her 18 month appointment she pretty much had ten words down solid, now she's up to closer to 30 words. I'm very proud of her word explosion. She's getting to be such a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment