August 20, 2013

Abby's 2.5 Year Stats

Here are Abby's 2 1/2 year stats:

                 Height          Weight               Head CM
Birth           19.5 in.         7 lbs. 0 oz.
1 Week       19.0 in.         6 lbs. 9 oz.          33 cm
2 Months     22.0 in.        11 lbs. 6 oz.         38 cm
4 Months     24.75 in.      15 lbs. 6 oz.         39.5 cm
6 Months     26.75 in.      18 lbs. 6 oz.         41.5 cm
9 Months     28.25 in.      21 lbs. 3 oz.         44 cm
12 Months   30.0 in.        23 lbs. 0 oz.         46.7 cm
15 Months   31.20 in.      26 lbs. 1 oz.          47.5 cm
18 Months   32.80 in.      28 lbs. 14 oz.        48 cm
2 Years       34.50 in.      31 lbs. 2 oz.         49.3 cm
2.5 Years    37.60 in.      31 lbs. 14 oz.        50.0 cm

As you can see Abby has been going through an incredible growth spurt. In the past six months she's gained over 3 inches but only 12 ounces in weight. I'm truly not surprised because whenever strangers see Abby and ask how old she is every single person immediately responds with "she's tall for her age". I hope that this trend continues as I really want her to surpass me in height. I think 5'6" would be just about perfect!

As for her milestones she's moving right along track. Talking up a storm (to the point that Nate asks if she's always this loud when he comes home from work), kicking and throwing balls, getting scrapes and bruises as she daredevils it on the playground, starting to try and draw shapes (and my Momma heart was so happy when she drew a cross yesterday and called me over from dishes to show off), starting to recognize order in sentences (Mommy, I have pacifier first), knowing that when we're out of chocolate milk we go car, go store, get chocolate milk, and just generally a smart little cookie all around. We've started potty training and are having pretty good success at it. Basically we do naked time in the afternoon and she runs off to the potty whenever she has to go and we rarely have accidents anymore. In the mornings she sometimes will ask to go potty even with a diaper on so I'm hopeful that we're not too far away with doing away with diapers while she's not sleeping.

We're still working on sharing and taking turns and not pushing when we're frustrated. She's also learned to bonk our heads which she finds funny, but in reality hurts so we're also working on using gentle hands. Nate and I have to work on this as well because we're pretty sure she learned it from watching us roughhouse. Whoops! :-)

Our little girl is growing up so big! We definitely have a toddler on our hands, and have for some time, and I see the 'big girl' stage just looming up ahead. sniff. Hopefully she doesn't grow up too fast!



My beautiful, feisty, full of love 2.5 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment