April 19, 2014

Dying Easter Eggs with "The Girls"

The girls in the family got together for some super fun Easter egg dying and I've decided I need to figure out a LOT of recipes that use hard-boiled eggs because the 24 eggs we had weren't enough. :-) I've also decided that I will spend the extra $.50 to $1.00 on the cups with the dye pad instead of just the dye tablets because the color of the eggs dyed in the cups were so much more vibrant than the tablet eggs. Note to self for next year!

Notice how high Abby's hand is from the glass of dye? I was amazed that NO eggs cracked from this high altitude method of egg dying. 

I am also SUPER thankful we dyed eggs outside because this is Abby reaching for the egg in the blue dye. She learned a bit of water displacement theory as she stuck her whole hand in the dye cup and LOTS of blue dye sloshed out onto the patio. But since we were outside I just laughed, wiped her hand off, and helped her get her egg out. 

All the girls! Abby, Haylee, Aunt Katie, and Grandma Akers.

After the eggs were dry Abby decided she wanted to add stickers for decoration. One egg was dropped and had minor war wounds but was still yummy the next day. :-) 

I had to add this one. Grandma was trying to get a picture of Haylee who was hiding her face and not cooperating for picture taking. Grandma put her camera down and Haylee stopped hiding her face so I popped my camera up and snagged this shot. Haylee's frown let me know of her displeasure!
We only spent about an hour or so dying eggs but it was a really fun hour. After all the eggs were dyed the girls played in the sandbox while Mom, Katie, and I chatted about nothing and everything. You notice there are no pictures of Nate? That's because he was doing the 'manly' thing and hiding in the office working. :-) He did come out and admire Abby's eggs and join us in conversation for a bit, but then it was back to work. He's a great provider and hard worker so I don't give him too hard of a time for working on a weekend. Mostly. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment